Storrie and Velikonja Associates Fees

Insurance claims, "self-pay" and more

Psychological services are not covered by OHIP. This means that, if you are eligible, the cost of your treatment can be paid for by:

If you are not eligible for any of these benefits, you can pay for the cost of your own treatment by cash, cheque, debit, or credit card. Payment is required at the time of service, and receipts will be provided so you can claim your medical expenses on your income tax.

The Ontario Psychological Association (OPA) sets an hourly rate for self-pay treatments, but Storrie, Velikonja and Associates may negotiate a fee with you that takes into account your individual needs and means.

Note: Automobile Insurance
Under current automobile insurance legislation, psychological services may be funded if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident. Family members, including your spouse, your parents and your children may also be entitled to funding for psychological treatment if they have suffered physically, emotionally or mentally as a result of your injuries.

To be eligible for funding, you or your family member must complete an Application for Accident Benefits package, available from your insurer or legal representative.

If you have Extended Health Insurance coverage for psychological treatment, it must be exhausted before you can claim from automobile insurers.

Note: Other Insurance Coverage
Psychological services may be covered, or partially covered, by other insurance benefits (e.g., Extended Health, Long-Term Disability, etc). Review your benefits package to determine eligibility for reimbursement and whether this coverage applies to your family members. Please bring information regarding your coverage, including group number and identification number, as well as claim forms, to your first appointment.